Road trips. Caribbean cruises. Backyard barbeques. We all have different retirement dreams — bring yours to life with a PrimeSouth Bank IRA. Competitive interest and tax benefits help you stretch the dollars you save. Choose your IRA today.
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
- Competitive interest above standard savings rates
- Traditional and Roth IRA options
- No setup fees
- No monthly or annual maintenance fees
- Take advantage of current IRS limits:
- $5,500 contribution limit per year
- Additional $1,000 "catch-up" contribution allowed for ages 50+
- $1,000 minimum deposit to open
There are advantages to traditional and Roth IRAs. One of the biggest differences is when you see the most advantage. A traditional IRA provides potential tax relief today, while a Roth IRA has the potential for the most tax benefit at time of retirement.
- No income limits to open
- No minimum contribution requirement
- Contributions are tax deductible on state and federal income tax*
- Earnings are tax deferred until withdrawal (when usually in lower tax bracket)
- Withdrawals can begin at age 59½
- Early withdrawals subject to penalty**
- Mandatory withdrawals at age 70½
- Income limits to be eligible to open Roth IRA***
- Contributions are NOT tax deductible
- Earnings are 100% tax free at withdrawal*
- Principal contributions can be withdrawn without penalty*
- Withdrawals on interest can begin at age 59½
- Early withdrawals on interest subject to penalty**
- No mandatory distribution age
- No age limit on making contributions as long as you have earned income
*Subject to some minimal conditions. Consult a tax advisor.
**Certain exceptions apply, such as healthcare, purchasing first home, etc.
***Consult a tax advisor.